Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 44: Retro Fun Apron

I have been looking forward to making this Retro Fun Apron for a long time. I am sure you have realized that aprons are a theme of mine this year. That is rather ironic because I never use aprons and I am not even sure I own one. I think they are super cute though!
I had bought a blue plaid material for this project and was actually able to use a little of it on a previous apron. I also used a blue flowered material, a dark blue for the back, and blue bias tape.
 
I printed out the pattern and pieced it together. This was a little confusing but I eventually managed to figure it out. This is what the pattern ended up looking like.
 
I cut out all of my materials and began to sew. I still have trouble rounding corners with bias tape but the instructions on the site had a linked tutorial on how to sew bias tape, a good resource.
I ended up making my sash a little different than the pattern. I sewed 2 strips together to make 1 long sash and looped it through the front of the apron making a belt across the front to tie in the back.
 
 
And there it is. The picture isn't very good but you get the idea. I know the recipient of this gift will love it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment