Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 31: Picture Cuff Links

My efforts to save money finally caught up to me. I thought that picture cuff links would be simple and fun. However, when I went to purchase the Shrinky Dink I came to a dilemma. The regular package of shrinky dink was $6 which is quit a lot to spend on one project but I decided it would be OK since the rest of my projects this week are on the cheaper end. They sell shrinky dink made especially for ink jet printers which is $13 a package. Even though I knew I would be printing on the shrinky dink I chose the cheaper package. BIG MISTAKE!
Then I went looking for cuff links. I looked at Hobby Lobby but no luck. I looked at Goodwill for some old cuffs I could repurpose. They had absolutely nothing. I started thinking about what else I could use. I didn't really have a specific person that I wanted to give them too and most of the people I know don't even wear cuff links. So, I decided to make earrings instead.

I picked out the pictures I wanted to use from my computer and moved them to Word where I could size them appropriately. Then I attempted to print them. It of course didn't work. The ink smeared and wouldn't dry.

 
I still cut them out and tried to bake them but they still wouldn't dry and just ended up looking awful.
 
This is so typical of me I can't believe this kind of stuff hasn't happened more through out this challenge.
Well, I had spent money and had nothing to show for it. So, I gave Landon some Shrinky Dink and told him to color Grammie some earrings. She loves cows so he made her cow earrings.
 
Hehe, not what I had planned but I am betting she will like them anyways.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment