Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 40: Fleece Owl Rice Packs

Rice packs are wonderful to keep around for when you need a handy hot pack. All you have to do is throw one of these in the microwave for about 45 seconds and slip them into your pocket or in your bed to keep warm.
I bought a little bit of fleece and also used some odds and ends I had. I drew an owl pattern that you can find HERE and cut all the piece out of different patterns of fleece.
After cutting I sewed the pupils onto the eyes and the beak across the bottom of the eyes. I then sewed the belly and eyes onto the front owl and sewed the owl front to the owl back leaving a small hole.
I used a funel to help me fill the bird with rice and sewed up the hole. A 2 lb bag of rice filled 5 owls for me. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment