Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 39: Super Hero Cape

The other day I conducted a little interview with my son. Landon has made up pretend super heroes since he was old enough to talk. I have always wanted to get them all down on paper so he would have a good reference when he becomes a director and screen writer... or maybe just to keep a little piece of his childhood.
So, Landon and I went to documenting 3 of his super heroes, Nitro Man, Lighting Boy, and Spike Man.

Nitro Man has the power to freeze people and things. He can smash even the thickest ice, make ice ropes to climb, and ice skates to help him get around fast.
His weakness is ironical cold weather (the effects of his cold are not as powerful when everything around him is cold as well), and of course fire.
Nitro Man is an alien who got his powers when Nitrogen was poured on him. He gets an extra boost of power by eating ice mints.
His color is ice blue and his enemy is his brother, Iceman. His saying is "Ice out".
Lighting Boy's powers include shocking people with hands, controlling "thundery" weather, calling down lighting, and recharging electrical things.
His weakness is water. (Landon thought it was funny that he could never take a bath).
Lighting Boy got his power by being struck by lighting. His main enemy is Water Man.
Spike Man has the power to turn his hands into spike balls like a mace and he can call spikes from the ground.
His weakness is really hot fire and his enemy is Inferno Man because he can melt Spike Man's metal spikes. Spike Man is also an alien from Spike Ball planet.
His saying is "spikearoni!"

Landon has so much fun pretending to be these super heroes that I thought he would really love to have some super hero capes to go along with his play.
I dug up some old t-shirts and cut off the sleeves and the front of the shirt, leaving the neck in tact.


Next, I cut a few sheets of felt to the size needed to cover up the logos on the back of the shirts I used. I decorated the felt with the super hero names and symbols.  Then I sewed each felt sheet onto the back of the shirts.


Landon was so excited! It maybe the best gift I have ever given him and it took almost no time and no money. I love it when fun doesn't have to cost a lot!

 
And I am proud of my son and his very active imagination :)
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment