Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 27: Crochet Wise Owl Tote

This wise owl tote is categorized as easy on the Red Heart website and it wasn't hard. However, I didn't check my gauge and so my bag turned out much smaller than the picture on the pattern. I decided to keep it small. I made this for my niece and I think she might like a little bag to just carry her money and phone in, rather than a bigger purse. I did have to adjust the pattern a little bit so that everything would fit on my smaller bag.
I chose to use 100% cotton yarn so that the bag would not pill as much and be more durable.

Here is the tote part of the bag. See how small it is. It didn't take very long to make which is a plus about the size. I added an extra row of slip stitches to the top of the bag to give it a more finished look.

 
I made all the little pieces to go on the owl and the strap. I did not stuff the beak because I wanted it to lay flat on the bag.
 
 
Using the picture on the pattern as a guide I sewed all the piece in place. I used a needle and thread instead of yarn to give the bag more durability.
Because my bag is smaller I had to position the piece a little different. But all in all was was happy with the end result.
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment