Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 16: BBQ Towel Set

This project was fairly simple. My BBQ Towel did not include as much detail as the tutorial and therefore does not look as professional. Even though they are simple I still think they will make good stocking stuffers for the men in our family.
I started with a plain cheap kitchen towel, a heavy duty piece of cloth, and 3 patches.
I cut a piece of fabric about 6 in. wide and long enough to cover the width of  the towel with enough hanging over each side to sew under raw edges. I hemmed the edges, making the width of the cloth about 4 in. in the end.
I bought iron on patches but I liked the looked of stitching on the patches so I sewed them on instead of ironing.
The tutorial called for fabric paint to make the "B-B-Q" on the patches but I decided to use a sharpie instead. I also used a black ink pin to clean up the edges where the sharpie bled a little.
That was it! I am still considering putting some sort of hook on the edge but other than that I think it turned out well.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment