Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 24: Leaf Rose

I chose to do a Leaf rose for one my of my projects simply because I thought they looked really neat. I really have no use for a leaf rose but I just couldn't resist trying to make one.
Landon and I searched our back yard for pretty red leaves. Normally this would be no problem this time of the year, but for some reason most of the trees in our yard are still green and the few that aren't dropped all of their leaves a while ago. We finally found a very small tree at the edge of our woods that had some good size red and orange leaves.

 The tutorial used Oak leaves which I believe would have worked better because they are bigger than the leaves we found.
We sorted the leaves by size and found a small stick to serve as a stem.
Starting with the small leaves we began wrapping them together one at a time, folding the top of the leaf over so that it would not stick out.

The rose kept getting slack and I would have to start over. Eventually I just started taping each leaf in place. When the rose reached the thickness I wanted we cut off the end to make it even.

We taped the rose to the top of the stick and wrapped the entire bottom of the rose and stick with floral tape.
I had the hardest time with this tutorial so I just kind of made it up as I went along as I am sure you can tell! However, the end result was actually pretty.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment