Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 33: Super Hero Fort Kit

A super hero fort kit? Sounds like something any 7-year-old boy would love! Very cheap and quick to make too.

I used a light green cotton fabric (actually, I think it was from old curtains) and cut a 12x16 piece. I also cut a lightening bolt out of yellow fabric.


I sewed the lighten bolt in the middle of one piece of fabric using a zig zag stitch so I wouldn't have to turn in the raw edges.
I sewed the 2 pieces of green material together to make a bag, and hemmed the top leaving an opening to put a drawstring through. I cut off the ends of an old lanyard and used it for a drawstring.


 
I took an old t-shirt and cut 8 strips from it  I took 2 sheets  and sewed 1 of the t-shirt strips to each corner of the sheets. Landon can use these to tie his fort in place.
I gathered up a few things to help him make a fort, metal clips, clothes pins, rope, and glow sticks for fun.
 
I put it all in the bag I made and it is ready for Landon to be creative!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment