Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 30: Pleated Apron

It is exactly 11 days, 4 hours and 45 mins until my sister enters into wedded bliss. That is great and all but I am starting to feel like a teaspoon of butter spread over a foot long piece of bread! (can you tell I am in charge of the food for the wedding.)
Today was a little crazy trying to track down all sorts of odds and ends for the wedding, taking Landon to tae kwon do, and keeping stuff at the house on track. In the mist of all that I forgot I was supposed to be doing Christmas projects and keeping up with a blog! So, this project almost didn't get done today. I remembered about 9 pm that I was supposed to be making a Pleated Apron and got to work.
This project has a little secret, built in pot holders! I love this idea! I started with a yard of cute poka dot cotton material and some old pot holders.

 
I cut the fabric according to the instructions (2 4x45 in. pieces,1 20x45 in. pieces, 2 8x8 in pieces) and hemmed the sides and bottom of the apron, and all sides of the tie. Next, I pinned and sewed the pleats.
 
 
With right sides together, I sewed around 3 sides of the smaller cuts of fabric making a pocket. I turned it right side out and inserted the potholders. Then, I sewed up the open side and a big X from one corner of the pot holder to another to keep it in place.
 
To assemble I pinned and sewed the tie in place. I pinned one pot holder to each bottom corner of the apron and sewed the 2 sides that line up with the hemming. Then, with a needle and thread I tacked the unsewn corner to the apron.
 
And I was finally done about 1 am! Tomorrow I will have to set some alarms to remind me to make some picture cuff links so I am not up all night! Good night :) and have fun crafting!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment