Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 25: Dad Plaque

I have seen the saying "The Best Dads are Promoted to Grandpas" so much lately and I just love it! God blessed me with the best dad that anyone could ever ask for! It just makes it that much better that he is also Landon's Grandpa. So I knew this would be a perfect gift for Landon to give my dad for Christmas!
My soon to be brother-in-law brought me a really nice 8x10 piece of wood from his job. I guess I will have to be a little nicer to him now... maybe :)
 
I bought a medium dark brown paint for the background of the plaque and a sage green for the words.
 
First, I painted the entire front and sides of the board green and let it dry very well.
I used some letter stickers and spelled out my saying on the plaque.
 
Make sure that your stickers are on very good otherwise the paint will seep underneath them.
I painted the front of the board with the brown being careful not to paint the sides. I wanted them to remain green.

I set the board outside in the sun so it would dry fast. Then I removed the stickers. Some of my stickers did not stick well and I ended up having to touch up some edges with a paint brush. It still looked much better than if I had free handed it.

With a small hanger nailed to the back this will make an awesome gift for my awesome dad! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment