Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 23: Burlap Fall Wreath

Today was the first day I had to go to Hobby Lobby to make a purchase for this challenge. I think making it to day 23 before having to go to a craft store says a lot for my arsenal of craft supplies! So many little odds and ins have come in handy for this challenge that Pete will be lucky if I ever throw anything way again.
I am really trying to keep my expenses down this week so I raided the dollar store this afternoon for any thing I could use for my fall wreath. I was able to find a small grapevine wreath and some cute fall leaves. At Hobby Lobby I purchased 1/2 yard of a light colored burlap, and a wooden "T".

I painted the "T" with red and tan acrylic paint.
 
I cut the burlap into 6 in. strips and hot glued them to the wreath, making sure to pucker the burlap giving the wreath a rippled effect.
 

After gluing burlap all the way around the wreath I trimmed the frays. I took all the leaves off of their stems and arranged them on the wreath, hot gluing as I went.
 
I hot glued the initial on after it had dried. Using some ribbon I had around the house I made a bow and hanger and glued them on.
 
This is mine! I get so excited when I have a real decoration in my house! I am pretty happy with this one hanging on my door. And it only cost me $5!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment