Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 26: Felt Christmas Tree

I saw a tutorial for a felt Christmas tree and I knew I HAD to make one! This is perfect for our nursery at church! I already know they will get hours of fun out of it.
There are several tutorials out there for this project and all of them looked good. The whole project is so easy. It took me about 30-45 mins to complete the entire craft and would be fun to make with kids.

What you will need:
1 Yard Dark Green Felt
Several Sheets of Different Colored Felt
Fabric Glue
Scissors

Take the yard of dark green felt double thickness (just like it comes off the bolt). Half the felt so that it was now 4 pieces thick. Using a permanent marker out line half of a Christmas tree on the fold.  Cut, unfold, and glue the 2 pieces you have left together.
 
Some of the tutorials had very detailed trees and others simply had a big triangle. I like the "seussish" look of mine. You can make your tree to look however you would like.
 
Use the different colored sheets of felt to make ornaments. I made balls, lights, swirls of tinsel, an angel, a star for the top, and a couple gifts for under the tree. I could have made so many more!
I simply cut out the shapes that I wanted (double thickness) and glued them together. I also glued on any extras I wanted on the them to spruce them up.
 
 
THAT WAS IT!!
After everything dries hang it up and have fun.
 
 
There are so many possibilities with this project! You could add to the look of the ornaments by sewing around them with a contrasting thread. You could add glitter, sequins, or puff paint. How about a making a pink or blue tree and having bright ornaments? Use your imagination!
 
If you have small children I would say this is a must to make! Honestly, I think if I put one up in my house MY friends couldn't resist playing with it :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment