Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 37: Felt Stockings

We have spent 8 Christmas' as a family and we had yet to get real stockings. The stockings we had were just a dollar store version.
So, today I headed on over to Hobby Lobby and bought a 1/2 yard of grey felt. When I got home I cut the felt into 3 equal pieces (double layered). Then I drew a large outline of a stocking and cut it out.
I really wanted to sew these together but today I moved my sewing machine and all of my crafts into the other room. My little sister is getting married and moving out so I am getting a new craft room. However, She is still with us until Friday and had already gone to bed when I started this project tonight. So, sewing was out of the question. Glue to the rescue! Craft glue is so much easier than sewing anyway.

 

After gluing the front and back of the stockings together, I made some decorations of sheets of felt and cut out names to glue on the front. I also cut a long strip of felt and glued the ends together and glued it inside the top of the stocking to make a hanger.

 
I am excited to have real stockings this year! What kind of stockings does your family use?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment