Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 22: Felt Santa Disguises

These felt Santa disguises are so much fun! I found these on Pintrest. I have made many different kinds of felt disguises before but never Christmas disguises. I knew these would be fun. It's been my experience that everyone loves to play with disguises on a stick!

For this project I used:
Stiff Green Felt
Stiff Red Felt
White Card Stock
Cotton Balls
Small Dowel Rod (cut into thirds)
Small Gold Bell
White Glue
Hot Glue

The cool thing about this project is you can be as creative as you want. There is no set rules for how to make your disguise. In the tutorial she made a Santa hat and beard using Styrofoam balls. Styrofoam is pretty pricey so I used cotton balls, which is only $1 a bag. I decided that I wanted to make more designs so I also made an elf hat and a Mrs. Clause hat.
First I free handed a beard and stash on the card stock and cut it out. Make sure that the mustache doesn't cover your nose when it is held up to your face.
I glued cotton balls all over the card stock with white glue.

Using the red felt I cut a good size triangle. I glued a cotton ball to the top point of the triangle. Then I cut several cotton balls in half and glued them along the bottom edge of the hat.

For the elf hat I cut the green felt in the shape of a old timey sleeping hat. Similar to a Santa hat with the top flopped over. Then I cut thin strips of the red felt and glued 3 of the strips across the bottom of the hat. Using hot glue, I placed the gold bell at the end of the floppy tip of the hat.

For the Mrs. Clause hat I cut a half circle out of the red felt. I glued cotton balls along the bottom of the hat and hot glued them coming off the sides of the hat to look like hair. I cut a small "button" and a pair of square glasses out of the green felt. I glued the button on top of the hat, and the glasses to each side of the hair so that they will stretch across the face.


The last step is to position your disguises and hot glue the sticks on. You want to make sure that you are leaving enough room at the end of the stick for someone to hold it. Also, be sure you get the stick far enough to the side of your felt piece and either straight up and down or slightly tilted to the outside. You do not want your stick turning in when you hold your disguise to your face.
I like to put more than one thing on a stick so that you don't have to hold a lot of different sticks in your hand. If you do this make sure that you space your items on the stick far enough apart to fit a face properly.

 
We had fun! I hope you do too!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea and I just LOVE the final picture!! Cindi

    ReplyDelete