Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 74: Rolo Pretzel Snacks

Today was crazy. We had to catch up on a lot of school that we had got behind on while Landon was sick. The house was a huge mess so I had to take time to make it a little more livable. And, I was all a bustle getting everything together for my 1st ever crafter meet up tomorrow! We also celebrated our family Christmas tonight. We were busy busy all day long. In the mist of this hoopla I once again forgot to work on a project for the blog. However, God knew I would forget and covered my back! I took pictures of the Rolo Pretzel Snacks that I made for the meet up tomorrow.
I had never made these before but when I heard the ingredients I knew I would love them!

All you need is:
A bag of Rolo candies
Pretzels
Pecan halves

Fill the bottom of a oven safe pan with a single layer of pretzels.
Unwrap the Rolos and place one on top of each pretzel.
Let the Rolos melt in a 250 degree oven for 3-4 minutes (depending on how hot your oven runs).
I did my first batch for 4 minutes and they melted a little to much so the next batch I left in for 3 minutes. I think 3 1/2 probably would have been ideal.
Working fairly quick after taking the snacks out of the oven, gently press a pecan half on top of each Rolo. It is probably best to let these sit for a while on wax paper and let them harden again. DO NOT put them in the freezer while they are on the pan. LOL, I speak from experience. They would not come off the pan after that. I had to reheat them and they lost a lot of the caramel the second time around.
I can not imagine these not being a huge hit at any party! They are SO good! They taste like chocolate dipped pretzel meets turtle candy! YUMMY!

Don't forget, any of you who live around Mt. Enterprise Texas Come out and see me tomorrow at the community center @ 1pm! We are going to have a great Christmasy time! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment