Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 51: Leather Arm Cuff

I was so excited about trying these Leather Arm Cuffs. I think they will make an awesome stocking stuffer for the guys.
I bought a bag of leather scraps and dug through it until I found a piece I thought would be big enough for a cuff.
I measured around Pete's wrist and cut a leather strip appropriately. I cut it to be wider on one end than the other. Then I marked with 2 straight pins where to put the snaps.
This was where everything stopped working. I didn't realize that I needed a little tool to help me put on the snaps. I tried and tried to hammer the snaps in place without the tool and thought it was working. It looked good and I could snap them together but when I tried to unsnap it they fell apart. I worked on it a long time only to break the snaps. Pete tried too but no luck. This will make a great gift and won't take long with the right tools so, I will be purchasing the tool tomorrow and trying again. I will be sure and update WHEN I get this to work!

**UPDATE**

I bought the snap tool today.

Such a little thing to be such a problem. It still took some work but I manged to actually follow the instructions and got the snaps to stay on!

 
I went ahead and doubled up on the snaps. Since my cuff wraps around it was helpful in keeping it together and I thought it looked cooler this way.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment