Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 52: True Love Plaque

This plaque is my favorite project thus far! I didn't know if I would be able to make it look how I wanted because I obviously lack a lot of skills in the art department. My family always says that my sister is arts and I am crafts. But, it turned out almost exactly how I wanted it too.
I started with a medium size wood plaque from Hobby Lobby.
 
 
I chose to use black for a base color, white for the letters, and red for the heart.
I painted the board black and added a little white where and there for a more distressed look.
 
 
I free handed the words "True love was born in a stable", trying to give them a more boxy look. In a bottom corner I painted a red heart.


I love it! The saying is such a precious reminder of God's love for us and his delicate way of giving us the greatest gift of all!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment