Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 47: Fleece Scarf

OK, I know that I missed day 47. I was on my way to a ladies retreat on Thursday morning and had these perfect plans of making the Mummy Meatloaf  before I took off. However, once again my plans apparently were not God's plans because as far I got on the meatloaf effort was defrosting the meat. I was very disappointed but I put the meat in the fridge and myself in the car and headed out. This was the first day that I have missed completely.
I needed that retreat much more than I needed to make meatloaf! God drew me much closer to Him this weekend and that is the number one priority.
When I got home today I wanted to make up for my missed day so I grabbed the meat out of the fridge... and it looked questionable. Out it went and I was back to square one.
I remembered that I had some left over fleece from the owl rice packs that I made last week. I got it out and made a quick child's scarf. It took all of 10 min. and I am counting it as my day 47 craft. :)
I used 4 pieces of fleece. A piece that was 38x10 in. and 2 pieces that were 5x10 in. in a contrasting color.
 
I sewed the smaller pieces of fleece to the ends of the large piece of fleece.
 
After I sewed the pieces together I cut even fringes along the smaller fleece pieces.
 
Done. It's a little to short for an adult but should be a great fit for a kid.
 
Pin It

1 comment: