Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Day 66: Black Friday T-Shirt

I have been operating a day behind on my projects all week. This is partially due to the fact that it is Thanksgiving week, and the lock-in threw me off. But, the main reason is that I haven't been able to get my hands on all the supplies I need for some of my projects this week. I have been looking for etching cream for my personalized casserole dish with no luck. I am going to look at Hobby Lobby on Friday. I really wanted to use Chuck E. Cheese tokens instead of quarters in my roll of coins "candy". We don't have a Chuck E. Cheese so that has to wait until Friday also. My projects are all out of whack and I am a day behind but don't give up on me yet! I WILL CATCH UP!
Today I decided to make Black Friday T-shirts for my sister and myself. We love to go Black Friday shopping every year! We say it is for the great sales but I think if we were completely honest we would have to admit that we just go because it is fun. Although, she does complain the whole time, but what else is new! Just kidding.
I really wanted to make these with black T-shirts and bleach pens. Dani had made some T-shirts like that before and they were so neat looking. However, when I went to Wal-Mart to buy the shirts I found white T-shirts on sale for $2. Who could pass that up?! So, I bought the white shirts and colorful bandannas to cut letters out of and black puffy paint to write with and out line.
I did a lot of research for cute black Friday sayings and came up with virtually nothing. The only one I thought was cute at all said, "I went. I shopped. I took a nap." Most of them actually sounded pretty mean and that is just not the message I wanted to convey to the high anxiety mob that is sure to be surrounding us at all times!
I began thinking about what message I did want to convey. I had wanted a funny shirt. Just something to identify Dani and I together. But, the more I thought about it, the more I felt like God wanted me to make a shirt to say something about Him. To identify us with Him. After all isn't He who we are celebrating? We face the crowds to buy the gifts but they are to represent God's gift to us right?
After I decided on my saying, I began cutting letters out of the bandannas and gluing them on with fabric glue. Using the puffy paint I outlined the bandanna letters and also wrote the parts of my message that I didn't make with the bandanna.
This is what I came up with...
What do you think? I wish I would have had room to put the whole Roman Road on the shirt! This may not touch anyone on Friday but I think it will help keep my focus in the right place. And who knows, It just may spark a conversation!
If you haven't received Gods awesome gift I strongly encourage you to find out more about it in His book to us, the Bible.
Here are some great verses to start with:
John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Ephesians 2:8-9


For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment