Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 53: Pie in a Jar

Pie in a Jar? Sounds like an awesome gift! I am thinking the perfect thing to take to shut-ins, or to surprise people who work in an office.
I used a 1/2 pint jar which is what the tutorial says to use but their jar looks smaller than mine.
I knew I wouldn't have much time tonight to make my pie so I went ahead and bought pie filling instead of trying to make my own (I never have before).

 The pie crust recipe that is suggested in the tutorial called for vodka and this girl wasn't going to use vodka in anything so I used this recipe instead.

I cut the recipe in half because I was only making 1 pie. It was a stretch to have enough dough so I would suggest that making the full recipe.
Instead of rolling the dough out I pressed it into the jar. Saving a small amount to make the top of the pie.

I filled the jar with cherry filling. YUMMY

Then I rolled the remaining dough and used the jar lid as a cookie cutter to cut out my pie top. I made a little heart also. After placing the top and the heart on top of my pie and sealing it together I cut slits on the top for all that bubbly goodness to have a place to go.

I baked the pie for 45 min. @ 400. I filled the jar to full but this one is just for us, not to give so it doesn't matter.



And that is all she wrote! This will definitely be a come back recipe when I need a cute, quick, and comforting gift. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment