Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 75: Christmas Countdown Box

It is 25 days until Christmas! Today's project was a Christmas count down bucket. We do not celebrate advent but I thought it would be fun to count down the days until Christmas anyway. I looked at several different blogs with ideas for your count down. Some people only have activities for their children to do each day on the count down. Others only have gifts for them to open. I wanted to do a mixture of both.
I made my list of 24 activities (obviously the activity on the 25 is Christmas) and gifts and went to the store to pick up the supplies I needed.

Here is my list:
wrap gifts
write Santa
record Christmas book to send to friends
quick Christmas craft
make Christmas cookies
make a snowman kit
make chocolate covered peppermint sticks
make Santa hat pretzels
watch a Christmas movie in fort
deliver cookies and coffee to library workers
play Lego board game with family
put a puzzle together with family
Christmas song contest (each person takes a turn listening to the first line of a Christmas song and tries to finish the rest of the song)
Nativity story coloring book and crayons
help cook favorite dinner
picnic in the park
make gingerbread play dough
go to Mama T's Christmas tree farm
new PJ's and movie in bed
go to dinner and a show and recite Luke 2:1-15
new Christmas book to read
hot cocoa and snacks
pick out toys in room to give away (he will get a very small new toy at the end to make it a little more fun)
Shopping for daddy's Christmas gift

I didn't have a bucket to use so I wrapped a corn dog box instead.

 
I wrapped the gifts that I had bought and made envelope with notes telling Landon what to do on the days that have activities.
I printed these count down printable numbers so he knows which gift or envelope to open on each day.
 
 
 
Today's activity was watch a movie in the fort. He was so excited to put up his new super hero fort kit (with the help of daddy)!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment