Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 61: Peppermint Dipped Oatmeal cookies

Normally I am pretty confident in my cookie making skills. It is just about my favorite thing to do after all. Howbeit, these peppermint dipped oatmeal cookies probably should have been started earlier! My dad always said that he could tell when my mom was sick or tired because the food would not turn out right. I think I may have inherited that trait.

I started by mixing up my oatmeal cookie dough. I used the recipe from the tutorial except I doubled my vanilla (as always!) and I chose not to put any mints in the dough.
I baked my cookies @ 350 for 12 minutes and they looked good. But, when I started taking them off the pan they started to tear up. It wasn't to bad so I kept going.

While the cookies were cooling I chopped up my mints. I am really not a huge fan of regular peppermint candy so I thought it would be better to use peppermint kisses. Chopping all the kisses took forever because a chopper or food processor was not available so I had to do it with a knife.

I decided to use chocolate almond bark to dip my cookies. I melted down 4 squares with a little milk and after the cookies cooled I dipped 1/4 of the cookie in the chocolate and set it on foil to cool. Before it finished cooling I sprinkled the mints on top.

 So, what went wrong? I didn't think about that the chocolate would have to be somewhat hot in order for the mints to stick. And, since I used kisses instead of regular peppermints my mints melted and just kind of blended all together making them a not so pretty batch of cookies. I guess the taste is what matters most and these tasted great!

Sorry about not having pictures. I took some with my sisters phone, but the blog site is refusing to recognize them as a picture and won't download them! I will go back to my old camera tomorrow.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment