Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 70: Magazine Wrapping

Today we got all of our Christmas decorations out and put up our Christmas tree while watching Holiday Inn! Yay!
During the year I ended up subscribing to quite a few magazines because there were so many for free through out the year. I really don't read any magazines except for Family Fun so I felt like these were a waist even if they were for free. I was just stuck with a lot of magazines laying around my house. I have been looking for ways to use them for a while now. Then it dawned on me that instead of spending a lot of money on wrapping paper this year, why not use pages out of the magazines?
I picked out some of the winter magazines and pulled out all the pages I thought would make cute wrapping paper.

 
Then, I began piecing some of the papers together until I had a large enough piece for whatever gift I was wrapping. At first I was piecing pages together side by side but found that it looked better if I angled pages and overlapped them. Making it look more like a collage. This does take a bit more tape than regular wrapping so be sure and buy the cheap stuff!
I also made my own gift tags out of last years Christmas cards that were given to us.
 
All I did was cut around whatever small pictures I could get off the card and using a decorative edge hole punch, I scalloped the edges.
 
I threaded some ribbon through the tags and tied them around the gifts.
 
Funny thing is, our gifts look more uniform this year with the magazine wrapping than all the years I bought wrapping paper!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment