Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 60: Borax Snowflakes

Borax Snowflakes? I didn't quite know what to expect with these but they looked very pretty on the tutorial. The instructions were actually very easy.
All you need is boiling water, 1/3 cup Borax, a glass jar, pipe cleaner, pencil, and thread (I used a plastic ribbon).

 
We used 2 pipe cleaners, cut them and twisted them into the shape of a snowflake.
 
 
After filling the jar with boiling water, Landon helped me stir in the Borax.
 
 
We tied the snowflake pipe cleaner to the end of the ribbon and tied the other end to the pencil. Then we placed the pipe cleaner in the water and hung the pencil across the top. Ours wouldn't stay so we used a little tape too.
 
 
Then, we left it over night, and woke up to this...
 
 
HaHaHa... no one told us to use a white pipe cleaner! Y'all have been seeing the true me often lately with all of these messed up crafts but that's OK. God made me this way and we have a lot of fun laughing at all the mistakes I make.
I don't have any white pipe cleaners but I do have some colored sparkly ones maybe those would look OK.
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment