Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 54: Peppermint Serving Tray

This project sounds easy enough. Just a cookie sheet, oven, wax paper, and some mints.

 
The tutorial made it all sound easy enough. Turn the oven to 350, lay wax paper on the cookie sheet, and arrange your mints with the pattern and shape you want for your tray.
 
Easy right? I tried to make a snow flake pattern but it looked funny so I settled on this hexagonal shape.
I baked the mints for 10 mins and ended up with this...
 
Ha! I guess I missed the fact that the mints would spread out to fill out the entire pan. I think this would have worked well if I would have either used a smaller pan or filled this pan. The middle looked good.
I wanted to try it again but I didn't have enough mints left. LOL
Have you tried this? Did it work for you?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Okay...this is a really neat idea! I have never seen this before.I am going to have to try it

    ReplyDelete