Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 65: Waffle Cone Cornucopia

I like to do a little project with Landon every year to take to Thanksgiving lunch and share with everyone. This year I decided to make waffle corn cornucopia's. I saw this on, big surprise, pintrest and thought they were super cute. We had to go to 2 different stores to find waffle cones (we actually used sugar cones), and I am pretty sure the employees thought I was crazy for wanting them in November. The tutorial called for you to fill the cornucopias with trail mix. I really wanted to use M&Ms but we had to make enough for 30 people (BIG FAMILY!) and that was starting to look a little pricey. So, we went to Dollar General and found some Halloween candy on sale for 50% off.. YAY!

 
We set up our steamer on the stove and worked with 2-3 cones at a time. By the time we were done steaming and shaping 30 cones my fingers were on fire! Be careful when opening the steamer basket and when shaping the cones!
You have to work very quickly to shape the cones before they harden again, and also before the cones still in the basket get to soggy.
 
 
After the cones dried completely we stuffed them with candy and covered the opening with clear cellophane so that it wouldn't fall out. We used twine to tie the cellophane in place.
 
 
I think they will be a hit!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment