Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 58: Sock Snowman

I thought that these Sock Snowmen looked so cute! I have tons of socks that are missing their mates and wondered if this might be a good way to use them.
I gathered up a white sock for the snowman's body and two blue socks for his clothes and hat. And, cut them accordingly.


The tutorial called for you to cut the white sock and then turn the sock inside out and rubber band the end. Then, turn the sock right side out and fill it with rice. However, in typical Leah fashion I went a little rogue. Instead of rice I used beans and stuffing and instead of rubber bands (which I couldn't find), I used zip ties.

 
 
After filling the sock and zip tying the end, I placed one of the blue socks around the belly of the snow man and tied twin around the top and bottom of the "sweater". Using the other sock for a hat I tied the top with twin.
 
 
Lastly, I picked out buttons for eyes, nose, and accessories and sewed them on.
 
 
I think this is a cute little addition to our Christmas decor.
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment