Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 7: Clothespin Wreath

Today was the first day I wasn't very excited about having to do a craft. Last night we went to a high school football game that was about an hour away. On the way home I remembered that Landon's baseball uniform had not been washed and since he had a double header today, I stayed up to wash it. We had to get up fairly early this morning to take Landon to his very first Taekwondo tournament!
After the tournament we had exactly enough time to drive the half hour from the tournament to the baseball games. After they won both baseball games we jumped in the car and headed to church for outreach day. Needless to say we were tired. Crafting a clothespin wreath was not on the top of my wanting to do list!
But I didn't let that stop me.
Yesterday I found some clothespins and bought spray paint. (I was carded and the lady still didn't believe I was 27! That was nice!) We haven't had a diaper box in our house in years! So I had to settle for a small trash bag box to clip the pins on, which worked fine. I spray painted the pins with about two coats. Today I turned the pins upside down and sprayed them again.
Next, I found a wire hanger. It was impressive that I found one because I have a strict white plastic hanger only rule in our closet! The little bit of OCD that I have is shown in our closet.
I used the wire cutter to help me bend the hanger into a circle.

 
I had a mix of different kinds of beads left over from who knows what. I picked out the green ones because I didn't have enough red. Then I began to alternate stringing pins and beads on the wire. You must string the pins through the spring.
 

After filling the whole ring I taped the ends together and went searching for ribbon to make a bow. I found several different ribbons I could have used but didn't like any of them for this project. I finally decided to use the left over bias tape I had from the flower apron earlier this week.

After looking at the picture I realized that I need to straighten out the circle and fluff up the bow, but I was to lazy to do it tonight! It turned out OK though. It will be cute to hang all the Christmas cards on that we receive this year!
I also painted some little clothespins that I found at church so that my children's Sunday school class can make little wreaths to give their parents!
I may have had to make myself start today, but I am glad I did! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment