Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 10: Finger Puppet Kit

10% of my challenge to myself is now completed! I know that sounds small but I am happy with this little milestone. I have been praying everyday that the Lord would help me to have time to complete my projects and He has been very faithful to do so! I love it when God cares about the little things in my life!
Todays project was a finger puppet kit. I had a lot of fun making this! Or, not making it I guess since it was more gathering things for someone else to make.
These are for Landon and his cousin Kai's stockings. They both love being creative and I thought this would be something that would really hold their intrest. I also liked that it doesn't really look homemade but more like something you would find in a novelty store.
I started by downloading and printing the pillow box template from the Craft Nest website (the previous link goes directly to this site). I was so excited about how cute this template was and that I actually had colored ink in my printer to print it!

The instructions said to cut the fingers off of old cotton gloves. I couldn't find any gloves around the house but I did find some mittens that I will never wear.
 
I cut the thumbs off of the mittens to use as puppets. One of each color for Landon and Kai. The striped mitt had pink on it and I didn't think Landon would really appreciate that. So, I used a green permenate marker and colored the pink stripes on Landon's puppet.
 
I raided my craft shelves and came up with a lot of little stuff to put in these kits.
~ 2 different colors of twine
~ yarn
~ 3 differnt colors of felt
~ 6 sets of google eyes (in case they lose 1 or 2)
~ fingers from the mitts
~ buttons
~ foam
~ 2 sizes of pom poms
~ ribbon
~ little shells (Landon's)
~ Paper flowers (Kai's)
 

 
I assembled the pillow boxes. Placed all of the goodies in a sandwhich bag (one for each of them). Then put the sandwhich bags in the cute boxes and DONE! So easy! So cute!
 
 
And... In the spirit of "waist not, want not", here is what I did with what was left of the mittens and the felt.
 
And this project cost me nothing! Everything used was oddes and ends from other projects. Got to love it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment