Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 1 & 2

Today did not go exactly as I planned. We have limited Internet at our house so this morning instead of using up a lot of our data I decided to head over to McDonald's early and get my blogging done there. Then i would have plenty of time to make lunch, get some house work done, and make my craft for today before I took Landon to Taekwondo practice.

Downloading links for all the tutorials on my list took longer than I had anticipated. I didn't even finish before I decided I needed to go home. I am determined that this challenge is not going to disrupt my family. However, the car had other ideas. The battery was dead. I picked up my phone to call Pete only to remember that I was supposed to buy minutes and had not yet done that. No car, no phone, no Pete. 2 1/2 hours later, after some desperate pleading on facebook for someone to call my husband. I finally got to go home! By the time we got home it was 3 o'clock and the whole day was set back.

Well, that is how things go sometimes. We were just praising God that the car only needed a jump and not anything that was more expensive than new jumper cables! Thank you LORD!
After all that, I did manage to get my day 2 craft done and finish up the end of my day 1 craft (just a little late!) OK as promised here are the first 2 crafts.

The slouchy beanie did not turn out quit like I had wanted. It was a gift I promised to a friend of mine but it just wasn't what I had envisioned. I will be making my friend a different hat. That will fill up 1 of my 10 open spaces in my list. My sister looked pretty cute in the hat so I gave it to her!

Today's craft was the travel towel toothbrush holder. I really liked how these turned out!
I made these for the men's stockings and one for me :)
I looked at the different tutorials and all of them called for ribbon to tie the holder shut. I looked at my stash of ribbon but just didn't feel that the men in our family would really use these if there was "girly" ribbon on it. So in lu of ribbon I used gold elastic cord. Now they don't look girly and for us lazy people you don't even have to tie them!
I used:
1 12x12 towel
small elastic cord
and a little "manly" ribbon to cover the inside cord

I folded the bottom of the towel about 4in. and sewed the sides. Next I measured across the fold and marked where I wanted the pockets to be (3 pockets, 4 in. apart) and sewed.
 
I cut the cord about 7in to 8in long folded it in half and sewed it between the inside of the towel and a small piece of ribbon. Make sure the raw ends of the ribbon are turned inside.
And that was it! Super easy and fun!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment