Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 13: Crochet Angry Bird Piggy Hat

I wanted to make an angry bird piggy hat as a gift for Landon for Christmas. I started this project at the first of the week only to once again find out that the pattern size was not as big as it said it was. I ended up having to take nearly 3 days of work out and start again. That set me back a lot! I didn't manage to finish the hat before midnight tonight but I came close.
This pattern was not clear and would be very difficult to understand if you are new at following crochet patterns.
The pattern says it is an adult size but turned out more like an infant size. I ended up adding 3 more rounds of increase with one even round between every increase round.
When making the ear flaps you should chain 1 at the end of each row so that your rows will turn out even. When making the second ear flap find the center of the opposite side of the hat and count 8 stitches back. Join, and continue ear flap pattern.
There are so many little extras on this hat that it actually took me a couple of hours to make them all and sew them to the hat.
I attached all of the pieces and added a braided fringe to the ear flaps.
I think it was worth being up late a couple of nights. Landon will love it! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment