Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 14: Thanksgiving Day Plaque

Yay for Saturday! I think we could all use 2 Saturday's in a week!
Today was a good day. I was able to attend my sister's crafting party this afternoon which was a lot of fun. We made really cute paper crafts that she had seen on pintrest.
 
 
After the party I went to work finishing my Thanksgiving plaque. I started this project by picking the colored paint I wanted to use and painting my old canvas.

 
After the canvas dried I used stencils to outline the word "thanksgiving" going down the left side of the canvas.
 
 
I also lightly lined my canvas with a pencil and free handed the saying I wanted on it in cursive.
You can erase pencil very easily on canvas. Next, I painted.
The sides of the canvas that I used were messed up so I added ribbon to the edges.
 
My painting was a little rough so I outlined everything with a sharpie to clean up edges and make the words stand out better.
 
 
It rained all day long which really put me in the mood for fall so this project was very timely!
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment