Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 82: Christmas Tree Nails

There is not much to tell about these Christmas tree nails. The steps are simple they just take some time.
To begin, chose 2 different colors of nail polish, 1 for the base color and 1 for the Christmas tree. You will also need a clear sparkle nail polish and if you chose, a "topper" for your tree. I found these little vials of nail decorations at Dollar Tree!


First, paint your nail the base color and let dry completely. I usually keep my nails short and I also have very short nail beds so I have a small space to work with. You may have an easier time with this project if you have longer finger nails.


The tutorial called for painters tape for this next step but all I had was masking tape. It worked just fine. Simply stick 2 pieces of tape on 1 nail forming an open triangle at the end of your nail.

 
Paint with polish you chose for the tree. After the polish is set you can remove the tape.  Let dry completely. Next, brush over the nail with the sparkle polish and using tweezers place a "topper" on your tree. I chose red stars. You may want to brush a thin coat of clear over the nail after you are finished to help hold the decoration in place and help even out the bumpiness of the nail.

 
They took a while and the stars were a challenge to put on but they I really liked them! For sure something fun to try!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment